Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Sunday 9th October

Our last day was here!!  The holiday had passed so quickly, especially since the arrival of Suzie and her mum, Mr and Mrs KV-Exlporer and Mr and Mrs Bob 62, but I was so grateful that it had been a busy holiday after having received the terrible news about my aunt's death at the beginning of the holiday.  All of these guys, and my hubby and friends helped me through those first days and I will always be grateful to them for that.

Needless to say, after such a hectic holiday, which is unusual for us in Luxor as we normally spend our time relaxing at the pool, we spent our last day at the pool and I made a start on the packing.  For some reason, it was a nightmare this year - it all came with me so it surely must all fit back in the cases!!  I hadn't really bought very much and, in any case, there should have been some room as I had brought presents out for the family we visited.  Eventually, it was done!!

I'll include more photos here of the Winter Palace pool and grounds just to show you why I love it here so much!!





Tonight was to be our farewell dinner over on the West Bank at the Nile Valley Hotel.  We all met on the front terrace of the Winter Palace Hotel then walked along to the ferry point to meet Mr and Mrs Bob62.  One more 'must do' tonight was to try and get photos of the West Bank with the Theban Hills illuminated.  I had been here for two weeks and had never yet captured them!!  They look lovely all lit up but I don't think they seem as bright as I have seen in other photos.


We all clambered aboard the motor boat to be taken over to the West Bank but, in the middle of the crossing, the boat captain allowed KV-Explorer to take the helm!!  This was not a good idea - he had us spinning round in circles so that we were all dizzy, but it did get the evening off to a good start as we were all laughing our socks off!!

After a nice meal, I surprised Bob62 with a Scottish tea towel as a memento of the holiday and to make sure that when he was drying the dishes when he got home he would remember us all fondly!!!  I won't repeat here what he said to that, but it also got KV laughing as well - however that soon stopped when I presented him with a Scottish tea-towel too!!!  All in all it was an excellent end to the holiday with good food and great company with memories that I shall treasure.

Looking over to the East Bank

After our journey back over the Nile back to the East Bank, we all said our goodbyes and went back to the hotel for an early night as we were up early in the morning for an early pick-up to be taken to the airport for our journey home.

I went to bed with a heavy heart that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment